Town Zoning Board of Appeals
- 7:00 p.m.
- First and third Monday of the month, with the exceptions of January, February, March, October, November & December where there is one meeting.
- Town Hall
Public hearings are held at 7:00 p.m. Applications for variances and special use permits are reviewed at public hearings.
Applications must be received in the Planning and Building Department at least two weeks prior to a meeting date to be included on the agenda. Please call 585-742-5040 or email.
Agendas, Minutes, Packets & Reports
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Members serve five-year terms. Current board members and their term expiration dates are:
- Mike Reinhardt, Chair - December 2020
- Mathew Nearpass, Vice Chair - December 2022
- Fred Salsburg - December 2022
- Scott Harter - December 2019
- Donna Morley - December 2022
- Dave Tantillo, Jan-June / Ed Kahovec, July-Dec - Town Board Liaisons
- Debby Trillaud, Secretary
In making its decisions, the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) interprets the Town Zoning Code and evaluates the benefit an applicant would realize if they were to be granted a variance against any impacts that the town might realize as a result of the variance.
The ZBA can grant use variances to allow the use of land for a purpose that is otherwise not allowed or is prohibited by zoning regulations. Use variances are granted very infrequently.
The ZBA can also grant area variances to reduce required setback distances if an applicant can demonstrate suitable hardship. While the number of area variances granted by the ZBA each year is quite small, it is the most frequently requested variance coming before the board.
This position receives a stipend.