Route 96 Transformative Corridor Strategic Infrastructure Plan
Please check back for future updates.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Email the Route 96 project team or call Supervisor Jack Marren at 585-742-5020. Follow @VictorRoute96 on Twitter and check the Town of Victor Facebook page for updates.
This project will identify practical solutions to traffic congestion problems along the NYS Route 96 Corridor in the Town and Village of Victor. Our goals are to improve traffic conditions and ensure the safety of all users. This work is critical to ensure Victor’s continued success as a regional economic engine and a community with an exceptional quality of life. Our focus is to build on past efforts to produce an action plan that will result in funding and implementation of improvements.
Traffic is a sign of Victor’s success as a fast-growing community with commercial destinations that draw visitors from across the Northeast. Congestion, however, is now a recurring problem and it puts at risk the qualities that make Victor an attractive place to live, work and shop. Traffic delays have become a source of frustration for residents, employees, and visitors. The New York State Department of Transportation, Ontario County Public Works Department, and Town Engineer have advised that current traffic volumes may jeopardize continued economic development and quality of life.
The Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council (FLREDC) in 2015 named Route 96 a “Transformative Corridor” where infrastructure improvements could unleash the potential for further economic development. The Town has been awarded funding through FLREDC’s Consolidated Funding Application and the federal Unified Planning Work Program to develop a plan to address transportation infrastructure along the corridor. A consultant team headed by T.Y. Lin International is working under the Steering Committee’s direction to develop recommendations.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution to congestion issues on Route 96. Different segments of the corridor have distinct needs. This project will result in a combination of realistic and viable options tailored to specific locations along the corridor.
The Town and its partners - including the Village, Victor Local Development Corporation, Ontario County, Genesee Transportation Council, and New York State Department of Transportation - are fully committed to utilizing the awarded funding to develop real solutions for the community that balance quality of life with continued economic success. This will be a plan that will be ready to be implemented, not ready to sit on a shelf.
Recommendations are expected in late 2017 while subsequent required environmental review will be completed in the spring of 2018. The process will include two family-friendly public meetings to share information with participants, gather their input, and provide draft recommendations. Following the conclusion of the environmental review the plan will be presented to the Town and Village Boards to be considered for adoption.
Route 96 Technical Steering Committee Members:
- Lora Barnhill - State DOT
- Dave Goehring - State DOT
- Bill Wright - Ontario County Commissioner of Public Works
- Tom Harvey - Ontario County Planning Director
- Joe Bovenzi - Genesee Transportation Council
- Dave Tantillo - Town Councilman
- Joe Logan - Town Planning Board Vice Chair
- Kathy Rayburn - Economic Development Director
- Glenn Cooke - Victor Local Development Corp President
- Carol Commisso - Village Trustee
Updates and Documents:
View the Route 96 Transformative Corridor Strategic Infrastructure Plan, the Executive Summary, & the Appendices:
- Route 96 Corridor Plan (PDF)
- Route 96 Transform Corridor Executive Summary - March 2018 (PDF)
- Appendix A - Summary of Recommendations (PDF)
- Appendix B - Catalog of Data Resources (PDF)
- Appendix C - Build-Out Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix D - Steering Committee Meeting Materials (PDF)
- Appendix E - Public Meeting Materials (PDF)
- Appendix F - Stakeholder Survey Materials (PDF)
- Appendix G - Needs Assessment Memo (PDF)
- Appendix H - Project Evaluation Memo (PDF)
- Appendix I - Access Management & Land Use Zoning Strategies Memo (PDF)
The Route 96 Final DRAFT Plan was presented to the Town Board on March 26th during a workshop. The next step will be for the Town to embark on the SEQR process which will be a GEIS (Generic Environmental Impact Study). This will be undertaken by LaBella Associates and will take approximately 4 to 6 months for completion. Once SEQR is complete, it will be brought back to the Town Board for formal adoption.
Town staff are also working on researching funding options to implement the Route 96 Plan.
Please check back for future updates.
- Consultant TY-Lin to present Town Board with Final DRAFT Plan at a Town Board workshop on Monday, March 26, 2018. The Consultant and LaBella Associates will conduct the workshop and review next steps prior to Town Board adoption of the Plan.
- Final DRAFT Plan Route 96 Transformative Corridor Strategic Infrastructure Plan as presented at the TB Workshop on 3/26/18
- Presentation at the TB 3/26/2018 Workshop - SEQR & the Route 96 Transformative Corridor Strategic Infrastructure Plan
- Final Steering Committee meeting held at the Town Hall on Wednesday, March 7, 2018. Changes/Recommendations discussed by Steering Committee members.
- Steering Committee Meeting - Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 7-9 p.m., Victor Town Hall.
- Video/Audio of Presentation - November 15, 2017 (YouTube)
- Draft Recommendations Released for Route 96 Traffic Improvements In Victor
- Public Meeting Number 2 - Presentation
- Public Meeting Number 2 - Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 6-9 p.m., Victor Town Hall.
- Press Release dated November 3, 2017
- Steering Committee meeting held - Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 7-9 p.m., Victor Town Hall.
- Steering Committee meeting held - Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 6-9 p.m., Victor Town Hall. The meetings are open to the public for listening however the intent is for the Steering Committee and consultant team to discuss pending action items and next steps. Comments are welcomed to be submitted to the Route 96 project team via email or in writing to the Planning and Building Department.
- Public Input Survey Flyer *Note: survey window is now Closed
- Public Input Survey Electronic *Note: survey window is now Closed
- Public Input Survey (PDF) *Note: survey window is now Closed
- Public Information Meeting Number 1 - Thursday, August 3, 2017 at Victor Town Hall,
- 85 East Main Street, 6-9 p.m. in the Main Meeting Room
Note: Open House format/Participants welcome to come and go/Family friendly event
- Public Meeting Number 1 Postcard
- Press Release dated July 17, 2017
Check back for updates and other project-related materials. If you have a question, email the project team or call Jack Marren, Town Supervisor, at 585-742-5020. You also can follow the project @VictorRoute96 on Twitter or check for news on the Town and Village of Victor Facebook pages. If you would like to be included on an email distribution list to receive project notifications, please email the Route 96 project team and include “Add to Email List” in the subject line.
- TY Lin International
- David A. Riley