Transfer Station / Recycle Center
The Transfer Station/Recycle Center is open to Town and Village of Victor residents and taxpayers only. It is located at 60 Rawson Road, next to the town highway garage. To use the facility, a permit is required.
The facility was established for residents to dispose of garbage and recyclable materials. It was not intended for residents who own contracting businesses to dispose of large quantities of construction materials, tree/yard debris, recyclables or refuse. We do not have the space to accommodate these quantities of materials. Please respect the rules set into place so that we can retain this great asset for our community.
There are other options for disposal of large quantities of construction material, recyclables, yard debris, and refuse. Please contact the Transfer Station office at 585-742-5094 extension 2201 for more information.
The Transfer Station employees appreciate your understanding and cooperation in adhering to the rules and standards that have been established.
- Transfer Station/Recycle Center Brochure
- Detailed Information - Transfer Station/Recycle
- We are No Longer accepting Electronics - they can be recycled at EWASTE+ located on Route 251 (EWASTE+ Recycling info)
- Alternative Options for Waste & Recycling
- Ontario County Recycles - Website dedicated to recycling!!
For information on Permit procedures/requirements please see Permit Requirements
- VALID PERMITS MUST BE DISPLAYED OR HANDED TO THE ATTENDANTS IN ORDER TO DUMP AT THE TRANSFER STATION
- NO PERMIT-NO DUMPING WILL BE ALLOWED
- WHEN ENTERING THE TRANSFER STATION, PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ONLY ITEMS IN YOUR TRUNK OR BACK OF VEHICLE ARE YOUR REFUSE/RECYCLING. MISSING ITEMS WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED FOR OR REPLACED!
- CONTRACTORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DUMP CONSTRUCTION OR BRUSH OR TREE DEBRIS IN THE TRANSFER STATION/RECYCLE CENTER. ALL CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS MUST BE BROUGHT IN BY RESIDENTS WHO HAVE PURCHASED A PUNCH CARD ($120 additional fee).
- Stop as instructed and put your vehicle in park while attendants unload your vehicle. Please do not put your vehicle in gear until an attendant instructs you that it is clear to move ahead.
- Browsing or treasure hunting in any part of the facility or the grounds around it is strictly forbidden due to mandatory insurance guidelines.
- Each bag or receptacle shall NOT exceed 75 pounds total weight when filled
- Improperly bagged or prepared solid waste of any kind or that is frozen to the receptacles or is infested with insects will NOT be accepted.
- We are no longer accepting fluorescent bulbs. These can be disposed of during Ontario County Hazardous Waste Disposal days.
- No loading of mulch by Transfer Station/Recycle Center employees. All mulch must be loaded by the residents.
- NO ammunition, fireworks, or explosives of any kind due to significant safety risks.
Highway/Transfer Station Office
The Highway/Transfer Station Office is located in Building "B."
The Office hours are: Monday thru Friday - 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Please use our Drop Box - Located on the Recycle Department door - to drop off your permit renewals when the office is closed, during lunch or after hours - When the Gate is Open (Wednesday nights and Saturdays).
Ontario County Recycles
Check out the Ontario County website dedicated recycling!!