- Supervisor's Office
Last Content Update:
Jack Marren - Victor Town Supervisor
- Nine years as a member of the Village of Victor Board of Trustees, serving two years as Deputy Mayor.
- Currently serving his 15th year as Victor Town Supervisor – re-elected to a four-year term in November 2019.
- Jack is the Chairman of both the Executive Committee and Board of Trustees for Finger Lakes Municipal Insurance Trust since 2013. This Consortium is made up of 21 Municipalities that cover pre & post 65 employee health care needs.
- Appointed to the New York Municipal Insurance Reciprocal (NYMIR) Board of Governors in 2020
- Appointed by NYSAC to be on the National Association of Counties (NACo) Board of Directors in January 2023.
- Former Chairman of the County Board of Supervisors for ten years– from 2013 – 2022. He is currently assigned to the Planning & Environmental Committee and the Public Works Committee.
- A former NYSAC Board Member from 2016 through 2022. Served as the NYSAC President from January 2020 until September 2021.
- Jack served two years as Chairman of the Nine County Genesee Transportation Council
- Former Chairman of the Nine County Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council for three years
- During Jack’s years as Town Supervisor, he is most proud of the following accomplishments:
- Establishment of a Health Care Consortium in 2010 that continues to grow.
- Development of the Modock Springs Value Protection Plan, with DOH Approval
- Reaching agreement with Monroe County Water Authority for the management of Town Water facilities
- Completion of a Town wide comprehensive plan for future growth and development
- Creation of the Town Wide Drainage Improvement District (DRI)
- Town Wide Commitment to Stormwater Management
- Development of the Route 96 Corridor Study and an Access Management Plan for future development in the Town & Village
- Signal light off the NY State Thruway onto Route 96, multiple solar radar signs added throughout the Town.
- Finalizing an agreement with a Fiber Company to sell them an old, abandoned sewer line so they can run fiber under the NYS Thruway and continue to expand the fiber footprint within the Town.
Jack resides in Victor with his wife Linda of 45 years, they have four children and five grandchildren.
Town of Victor Enhanced Road Patrol:
- Since 2017, the Town Board has budgeted funds in support of a contract for 15 additional hours per week with the Ontario County Sheriff’s Department for traffic enforcement. This was increased to 20 additional hours per week in 2023.
- This was driven by the high number of complaints from our Town residents about the speed of motorist on our Town roads.
- Residents have reported that they witness this activity for the most part throughout the commuting hours in the morning and again in the afternoon.
- We have provided the Sheriff’s department with a map identifying some of the areas of the Town in question. In addition, we have also identified stop signs that are ignored on a regular basis.
- Since 2020, the Town has now purchased three (3) mobile Radar Signs that are rotated to different roads to help alert motorists of their speed. We are looking to add three (3) additional radar signs in 2023.
- If you have any areas of the Town that you would like to see enhanced traffic enforcement or the placement of a radar sign, please fill out the Citizen’s Traffic Enforcement / Radar Sign Request Form and send us your suggestions.
I have received significant feedback from residents happy with the enhanced visibility of Law Enforcement.
In addition, the Town is also planning on installing fifty (50) “Bike In Lane” signs throughout the Town to help improve the ability of our residents and visitors to bike safely in our community.
Supervisor Articles from the Victor Voice Newsletter
For the complete issues of the newsletters, please visit the: Victor Voice Newsletter and Parks & Recreation Activity Guide webpage