A public hearing will be held before the Village of Victor Zoning Board of Appeals on Wednesday, May 17, 2023, at 7:00 p.m., in the Town Hall, 85 East Main Street, Victor, New York, to consider:
The application of Christa Development who is proposing a four-story, 112-unit senior apartment building (independent living) at 160 School Street. The parcel is located in the SCR-3 Senior Citizen Multiple Residence zoning district.
The proposed project will require several variances for the project, which have been revised from what was discussed at the April 19th meeting and will include:
Originally proposed height of the structure: 60’ where max per code is 35’. §170-12.2.D(4). The proposed height has now been reduced to 49’ (four stories).
- Originally proposed parking spots is 174 where 212 spots are required. §170-12.2.D(11)(d). Now reduced to 168 spaces where 201 are required by code.
- Originally proposed dwelling units per building/ units per acre were 112 units per building/41 units per acre where 8 units per building/32 units per acre are the maximum allowed. §170-12.2.D(2)(a). Now calculated as 112 units/37.8 units per acre.
- Originally proposed parking location/lot was in front and side yard along school street where none is allowed per code. §170.12.2.D(11)(a). Now parking is split between primarily School St. access, with secondary access for emergency management purposes and 16 parking spaces on Rawson Rd.
- The proposed outdoor common recreation area is measured at 10,000 sq ft, where 16,800 sq ft is required per code. §170.12.2.D(16).
- The proposed setback from Rawson Rd. is 28’ where 35’ is required per Code. §170-12.2.D(3)(a) But now much of the building is set back in excess of 35’.
- The proposed lot is coverage is 68% where 40% is maximum allowed per code. §170-12.2.D(2)(a).
If you have any questions, please call (585)924-3311.
Sean Sanderson, Chairperson
Village of Victor Zoning Board of Appeals